- Thinned pines on farm of C. Burris
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from enclosed envelope: [#51]; Seven-year old pines on farm of C. Burris, Oakboro, Route 2. These pines have been thinned, fully half of the stand has been cut. Mr. Burris and three boys worked four hours in thinning 1.2 acres. Figuring labor at 20 [cents] per hour, the cost was $3.20. Mr. Burris is convinced that this work will pay well. He says, "I thin my corn and chop my cotton. Why not thin my pines?" Mr. Burris has thinned about five acres of different ages.
Stanly County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).