Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- M. R. Sykes and neighbors at meeting in pasture
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
Black and white negative
- Item identifier:
- Kirby, S. J. more info on Kirby, S. J.
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from enclosed notes: Made by: S. J. Kirby, Pasture Specialist.; No 1--M. R. Sykes of near Bunn in Franklin Co. tells a group of his neighbors about the value of pasture at a field meeting held on Oct 11. These [illegible] 28 [men?] who attended. Mr. Sykes served a barbecue dinner. The pasture was seeded on rolling, poor Cecil Sandy loam. The mixture used was Ky. blue grass 4th, [Hard's?] grass 4# [illegible] closure 4#, alister clousre 3#; Dollies grass 4#; Bermuda grass 5#; Bud [illegible] 10#. Sykes says this pasture of 18 a. has saved him a ton of hay per month since May first. He has an excellent sod. It was the first pasture seeded in his [illegible], [illegible]
Franklin County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).