- Natural reforestation of abandoned land
- Item identifier:
- Mattoon, Wilbur R. more info on Mattoon, Wilbur R. (Wilbur Reed), 1875-1941
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from accompanying envelope: #5-A, Made By W. R. Mattoon, U. S. Forest Service. A natural reforestation of abandoned land in Buncombe County. This is the result of "Mother trees" being left in an adjoining area when the main crop of timber was cut. This stand is composed of Short-leaf and Virginia pines.
Buncombe County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).