- Natural reforestation of abandoned land
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Mattoon, Wilbur R. more info on Mattoon, Wilbur R. (Wilbur Reed), 1875-1941
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from accompanying envelope: #5-A, Made By W. R. Mattoon, U. S. Forest Service. A natural reforestation of abandoned land in Buncombe County. This is the result of "Mother trees" being left in an adjoining area when the main crop of timber was cut. This stand is composed of Short-leaf and Virginia pines.
Buncombe County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).