County Agent O. H. Phillips and Stanly County farmers examining timber on farm of T. R. Turner
Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- County Agent O. H. Phillips and Stanly County farmers examining timber on farm of T. R. Turner
- Transcribed from accompanying note: Farm Forestry Photographs #53. Stanly County farmers with County Agent, O. H. Phillips, studying timber estimating at the farm of Mr. T. R. Turner, Oakboro, R #2. These farmers are beginning to realize the value of the farm forest as a producer of a cash crop, and especially when the land is well stocked with a crop of second growth pines. Several of these farmers are carrying on demonstration in timber thinning on their own farms.
Community and Extension
Forestry extension workers
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).