- Walnut legs and stumps going to market
Eastern black walnut
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Mottoon, W. R. more info on Mottoon, W. R.
- Transcribed from back: Marketing Walnut Legs and Stumps. The matched panels of the high-priced walnut furniture are made from these "gnarled and twisted Stumps." The more twisted and curly the grain-- the more valuable are the panels. The black walnut can be made a great dual-purpose tree in North Carolina, furnishing both timber and nuts. R. W. Graeber, Extension Forester. Photo by W. R. Mottoon, Courtesy U. S. Forest Service.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).