Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Herd of cattle grazing in field
Community and Extension
Agricultural extension work
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Jameson, P. H. more info on Jameson, P. H.
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: This picture shows a herd of 53 cattle and 37 sows and pigs grazing on an excellent growth of oats and Vitch which were planted after cabbage on the farm of Vernon G. James of the Weeksville community. Mr. James has about 60 acres of winter grazing planted this fall. Last year he planted only 18 acres. Mr. James states that it is far cheaper to feed cattle with grazing than any other way. This picture is typical of many others which now exist with farmers in Pasquatank County for the first time. This particular picture shows Mr. James. Also in the center is his registered Hereford bull. This herd consists of Holsteins, registered Shorthorns, and Guernseys.
Pasquotank County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).