- Biltmore Estate pruned white pine
Agricultural extension work
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: North Carolina. Biltmore, N. C., [August] 15, 1909. Pruning of white pine which was allowed to form heavy branches; close pruning would make the wood split, or cause extensive bleeding of the pine. To prevent this Dr. [Carl] Schenck does not prune closely, but 2 or 3 years later will prune the stubs.
Biltmore Estate (Asheville, N.C.)
more info on Biltmore Estate (Asheville, N.C.)
Biltmore (Asheville, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).