Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Group of farmers at forest thinning demonstration
- Transcribed from back: A forestry demonstration held on the farm of Mr. H. J. Woodall of Benson, Route No. 2 in Elevation Township. Mr. Woodall had a very nice stand of pine trees that he wanted to thin out while he was cutting his barn wood and fire wood for the farm. James E. Hobbs, Extension Forestry Specialist from State College, was present at the demonstration and told those farmers present the best methods of forestry thinning.
Community and Extension
Agricultural extension work
Forestry extension workers
Forests and forestry
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Aycock, M. Edmund more info on Aycock, M. Edmund
- Created Date:
Johnston County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)