District agent and farmer in forest after forestry demonstration
Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- District agent and farmer in forest after forestry demonstration
- Transcribed from back: A three acre forestry demonstration on the farm of W. S. Myers, Clemmons [Route No. 2]; District Agent E. S. Millsaps on a recent visit to Davidson County observes a good piece of forestry work done by W. S. Myers of Arcadia Township. Mr. Myers attended one of the forest demonstrations held by the State Farm Forester and has thinned 2 1/2 acres on his own farm. He got nine cords of wood by thinning which more by thinning which more than paid for his labor in doing the work.
Community and Extension
Agricultural extension work
Forestry extension workers
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Sheffield, C. A. more info on Sheffield, C. A.
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)