- Annually-set controlled fire
Agricultural extension work
Forest fires -- Prevention and control
Forests and forestry
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Barker, W. J. more info on Barker, W. J.
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series, 1940, W. J. Barker, Assistant Extension Forester; Laboring under the impression that an annual fire in February is necessary to prevent a March fire. All the young growth is killed and the fertility of the soil goes up in smoke. Fire on H. M. Blue land near Aberdeen, Hoke County.
Hoke County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).