Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Silt in pond due to deforestation
Community and Extension
Agricultural extension work
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from accompanying envelope: [Farm Forestry Series], [November] 19, 1930; Made By R. W. Graeber, Silt in pond, Alexander County; Silt in pond at Liledoun Cotton Mill, Alexander County, due to erosion of deforested slopes on farms located on watershed above the dam. This pond is 20 feet or more in depth, and is almost completely filled. Looking down stream. [...] Used in Charlotte Observer--[Monday, November] 24, 1930.
Alexander County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)