Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Mr. N.E. Balance of Bells Island has bred an excellent herd of Hereford beef cattle
Community and Extension
Cattle -- Breeding
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Transcribed from back: Mr. N.E. Balance of Bells Island, over a period of 16 years has bred an excellent herd of Hereford beef cattle. He has been keeping registered bulls in his herd, and only saves the best females for breeding purpose. This herd is now being sold, since the Bells Island gunning club has changed hands, and Mr. W.S. Gray, Jr. is now planning to replace this herd with his own herd of Aberdeen Angus next spring. We hope to place this breeding stock in the county, so that it can further improve the quality of our livestock farms.
Currituck County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).