Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- J.W. Flora feeding his heifers and steers, Moyock, NC
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Transcribed from back: Mr. J.W. Flora of Moyock is shown feeding his heifers and steers with additional green just before night each day, after soybeans, lespedeza and other green crops are becoming scarce in February and March. Mr. Flora has several hundred acres of reed land part of this acreage is now being put in permanent pasture to produce more desirable grazing during the summer months. Mr. Flora has the largest herd of Hereford cattle in the county. His breeding stock consists of about 78 breeders. His farming crops are principally corn, soybeans, lespedza, and pasture.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).