Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Small herd of beef cattle grazing on lespedeza
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Transcribed from back: In order to produce beef cattle, it is necessary to feed economically. Mr. J.D. Morris, Youngsville, NC #1 finds lespedeza pasture to produce economical feed for beef cattle during the months of August, September, October and November. This picture shows a small herd of beef cattle grazing on lespedeza pasture in October. You can observe in backgound of picture oat straw raked from this field in early spring. Mr. Morris harvested from this field in June and average of 56 bushels an acre of Fulghum oats.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).