Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Men standing on original Mangum Terrace at historical marker dedication
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Mattox, John more info on Mattox, John
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from caption: For Herb O'Keef; These gentlemen are standing on a mound of soil erected on a Wake County farm in 1885 by Priestley H. Mangum, II, and is the original Mangum Terrace. The terrace is now internationally known and is widely copied throughout this country. The gentleman on the extreme right wearing a hat, and with his back to the camera, is Priestley H. Mangum, III, of Route 3, Wake Forest, son of the inventor of the terrace. He is talking to a group which gathered to dedicate the historical marker erected in honor of his father.; R.P.
Wake County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).