Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Water safety demonstration photograph showing the use of a pole to rescue a swimmer
- Transcribed from caption by Tom Byrd: 2. Within reach of pole -- Since many drownings occur within a few feet of the shore, youngsters in the Livingston Community make sure that a long pole is near their swimming hole. Young swimmers Bruce Simmons, Mike Bordeaux, Kenny Lennon, Everett Bordeaux and Keith Wilkins run through a safety drill.
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Other Date:
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)