Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Water safety demonstration photograph showing the use of bleach bottles as buoys
- Transcribed from caption by Tom Byrd: Safety Drill -- Mrs. Ralph Avant demonstrates how a simple bleach bottle can be used as a [buoy] by a swimmer in a time of distress. Mrs. Avant tosses the bottles out to her son, Tommy (left) and a neighbor, Mitchell Floyd.
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Other Date:
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)