- C.M. Watson, demonstration farm, Watauga County farm tour
Field experiments -- North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Shoffner, Robert Worth more info on Shoffner, Robert Worth, 1902-1995
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Mr. H.A. Powers of the T.V.A. [Tennessee Valley Authority] discussing with the 50 [farmers] the use of [phosphate] and lime on this farm. This group is in a 10 acre pasture that 2 years ago Mr. Watson said would not keep one cow. Today after he has treated the land with triple super phosphate and lime he could pasture 8 herd of cattle. Note the good growth of white clover and other legumes and grasses. Selected as first [demonstration] farm in Stony Point [township] and best in county for 1938.
Watauga County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).