- Tractor and Farm Machinery
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Use with caution. Probably the most valuable piece of equipment on modern North Carolina farms is the tractor, but it's also one of the most dangerous. The versatile machine performs many of the farm chores in a fraction of the time they once required. Its tremendous power requires a smart, cautious operator. The Accident Prevention Section of the N. C. Board of Health reports that 27 people were killed by farm machinery in North Carolina in 1953 (the last year of record); 24 of these (three of them children) were killed in tractor accidents.
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
more info on North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).