- Marion Evans Isaac and J. Wilbert Forbes with North Carolina Safety Council Award
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from enclosed press release: School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, North Carolina State University, Department of Agricultural Communications. For Immediate Release, SPECIAL TO WESTERN WAKE HERALD, CARY NEWS (with photo); Marion Evans Isaac, a teacher aide at Henry Adams Elementary School, Cary, has received an award from the North Carolina Safety Council. The award was presented April 26 in Raleigh during the Safety Council's annual awards luncheon at McKimmon Center. Mrs. Isaac, who is also a Wake County School bus driver, conducted a bus safety program for kindergarteners and first and second graders and their parents. "The bus routes are long in this area of Wake County, so there is much potential for stress, said Edward B. Lane, principal of Henry Adams Elementary. "Thanks to Mrs. Isaacs' leadership much of the stress was erased," Lane added. Mrs. Isaacs' award was sponsored by Southern Railway system. The Safety Council is an incorporated, nonprofit organization, created in 1960 by a group of community leaders, physicians and representatives of public agencies to promote safety programs and activities. The Council's activities are financed by dues received through individual, group and agency memberships.; col cutline: Marion Evans Isaac, teacher aide at Henry Adams Elementary School, receives an award from J. Wilbert Forbes, resident vice president, Norfolk Southern Railway System; --30--Jan Christensen--4/26/85
Wake County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).