- Joe Gregory and Sharon Hoppes with North Carolina Safety Council Award
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from enclosed press release: School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, North Carolina State University, Department of Agricultural Communications. For Immediate Release, SPECIAL TO MITCHELL COUNTY PAPERS (with photo); Deyton Primary School, Spruce Pine, has received an award from the North Carolina Safety Council. The award was presented April 26 in Raleigh during the Safety Council's annual awards luncheon at McKimmon Center. Staff and students at Deyton have been conducting a year-long safety awareness campaign. They started in August with school safety and switched to school bus safety in September. October it was fire safety; November, halloween safety. Also in November the Department of Social Services, Department of Health, Spruce Pine Child Development Center, and the police department conducted a fingerprint identification project. Other programs included "The Dangerous Stranger" and child safety in the home. The school's award was sponsored by Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina, Inc. The Safety Council is an incorporated, nonprofit organization, created in 1960 by a group of community leaders, physicians and representatives of public agencies to promote safety programs and activities. The Council's activities are financed by dues received through individuals, group and agency members.; col cutline: Sharon Hoppes accepts an award for the Deyton Primary School from N. C. Safety Council President Joe Gregory. --30--Jan Christensen--4/26/85
Mitchell County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).