Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Governor Dan K. Moore and horticulture specialist Mel Kolbe promoting "Apple Week"
Community and Extension
Agricultural extension workers
Governors -- North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Mattox, John more info on Mattox, John
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Apple Booster--North Carolina Governor Dan K. Moore samples a "delicious" North Carolina apple, and he has urged other Tar Heels to do the same. Moore, who hails from the apple-producing county of Haywood, has proclaimed [October] 14-23 as Peak Apple Season in the state. At left is Mel Kolbe, horticulture specialist at N. C. State University at Raleigh. (N. C. State Photo by John Mattox) --Tom Byrd--10/4/65
Moore, Daniel Killian
more info on Moore, Daniel Killian, 1906-1986
Kolbe, Melvin H. more info on Kolbe, Melvin H.
North Carolina Agricultural Extension Service more info on North Carolina Agricultural Extension Service
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)