Green stump before blasting demonstration
Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Green stump before blasting demonstration
- Transcribed from back: "A green stump"; 2 1/2 [foot] in [diameter], loaded with 75 [cent] pyrotol; Blasting Demonstration; Note: Wire in foreground leading from powder to the blasting machine; "Before the Blast"; Transcribed from accompanying material: March 12, 1927; Blasting demonstration, Hertford County; Showing a green stump loaded with pyrotol, the blast and the results. Removed fro [$0.70] as compared with $3.50 to dig it out.
Community and Extension
Clearing of land
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Hertford County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)