- Cotton "shagger" calculating boll weevil numbers through boll damage
Cotton -- Diseases and pests
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Transcribed from accompanying material: Slide B: Cotton shagger; To measure boll weevil numbers, this cotton "shagger" checks bolls carefully for punctures. Severe weevil infestations can reduce cotton yields by 50 to 100 percent.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).