- Timber stand improvement demonstration with loblolly pine
- Item identifier:
- Mattoon, Wilbur R. more info on Mattoon, Wilbur R. (Wilbur Reed), 1875-1941
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: T.S.I. demonstration in 18-year-old loblolly pine. 25 cords cut on 2 1/2 acres and 360 trees per acre left. Height 35 to 40 feet. One-third of trees cut and two-thirds left. Height growth 2 feet a year. Right age for thinning. Land of R. D. Clemmons, Supply, Brunswick County.; Credit Line! This print may be reproduced. Use the following credit line: "Photo by U.S. Forest Services."
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).