- Timber stand improvement demonstration with loblolly pine
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Mattoon, Wilbur R. more info on Mattoon, Wilbur R. (Wilbur Reed), 1875-1941
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: T.S.I. demonstration -- heavy cutting in 25-year-old loblolly pine, badly injured and diseased due to repeated heavy burning. Farm of Mr. Mintz, Shallotte, Brunswick County. Thinned portion shows utilization of product. Fuelwood and red gum veneer logs (should have been sawlogs instead).; Credit Line! This print may be reproduced. Use the following credit line: "Photo by U.S. Forest Services."
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).