Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- John Reitzel and children measuring standing trees
Community and Extension
Lumber -- Measurement
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Page, R. H. more info on Page, R. H. (Rufus H.), Jr.
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: #796, Farm Forestry Series, By Rufus H. Page, Jr., Ass't. Ext. Forester; Daughters of C. C. Falls, Lawndale, Cleveland County, assisting Mr. John Reitzel, Ass't Co. Agent, in measuring standing trees for board and cubic foot content. Eight cords of wood were harvested from this one acre demonstration plot in Shortleaf pine on Mr. Falls' farm, and 385 of the better trees left standing. Average age of trees 31 years.
North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
more info on North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).