- J. W. Sanders with 4-H Club boys
Eastern black walnut
Forestry extension workers
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series, By R. W. Graeber, Extension Forester; 332 -- County Agt. J. W. Sanders, Vance Co. with a group of 4-H Club boys at the Zeb Vance High School. In the foreground is seen a shipment of 500 Black Walnut seedlings which were distributed to 20 club members in this county. Vance Co. along with sixteen other counties participated in the distribution of more than 8,000 walnut seedlings for planting in the waste places about the farms. each club member was given two extra trees, grown from nuts gathered at Mt. Vernon and Arlington.
Vance County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).