- Loblolly pine plantings used as windbreak
Windbreaks, shelterbelts, etc.
- Item identifier:
- Barker, W. J. more info on Barker, W. J.
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Loblolly pines with three growing seasons being used as a windbreak on the farm of W. B. Boschen, of Pantego, Beaufort County. Ninety-one percent of the trees planted in 1938 are living. Spacing used -- 6 x 7 feet.; #1104, Farm Forestry Series By W. J. Barker, Assistant Extension Forester.
North Carolina State University. College of Forest Resources
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Forest Resources
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).