Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Black locust planted on a sandy creek bottom
- Transcribed from back of photo: #994 Farm Forestry Series 1939 by W. J. Barker, Asst. Ext. Forester Black locust planted in 1930 by S. H. Crocker, Wilson County, on a sandy creek bottom. The soil has been built up, the land has been held in place, and now Mr. Crocker can harvest fence posts.
Community and Extension
Forests and forestry -- North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Crocker, S. H.
more info on Crocker, S. H.
North Carolina State University. College of Forest Resources more info on North Carolina State University. College of Forest Resources
Barker, W. J. more info on Barker, W. J.
Wilson County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)