Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Farmers and farm boys attending a meeting at the Bob Scott Forest Plantation
Community and Extension
Agricultural experiment stations
Field experiments -- North Carolina
Forests and forestry -- North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back of photo: Farm Forestry Series 1931 by R.W. Graeber, Extension Forester 410 - Sixty-one farmers and farm boys from four counties attended this meeting in the "Bob Scott Forest Plantation" at the Piedmont Experiment Station, Statesville, N.C. Jan. 21, 1931. In this planting experiment we have 6 acres of pines growing on eroded red land too poor to cultivate. The planting included longleaf, loblolly, shortleaf, and slash.
Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967
more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
North Carolina State University. College of Forest Resources more info on North Carolina State University. College of Forest Resources
Piedmont Experiment Station (Salisbury, N.C.) more info on Piedmont Experiment Station (Salisbury, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).