- This demonstration "sold" the idea of timber thinning to Chas Rodgers and his neighbors of Rown County
Forests and forestry -- North Carolina
Agricultural extension work
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series by R.W. Graeber, Extension Forester. #247. 1929. This demonstration "sold" the idea of timber thinning to Chas Rodgers and his neighbors of Rowan County. Result - 15 cords of fuelwood per acre was cut from the stunted, crippled, and over crowded trees, (otherwise "scrap") and leaving a full stand of the better, thrifty trees.
North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
more info on North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
Rowan County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).