- Mr. R.L. McLurd and a group of his neighbors studying plans for management of this crop of shortleaf pines
Forests and forestry -- North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series by R.W. Graeber, Extension Forester. #257. 1929. Mr. R.L. McLurd and a group of his neighbors studying plans for management of this crop of shortleaf pines. This crop needs thinning. Farmers of this section have three or more markets for poles cut in thinning such timber: 1 - Firewood at home, 2 - Firewood to be sold in towns nearby, 3 - For making yarn spools manufactured at several Gaston County points. Mr. L.B. Altman, County Agent, is taking an active interest in promoting forest management among Gaston County farmers.
North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
more info on North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
Gaston County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).