- Log Sawing Contest
Congresses and conventions
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: #356 Farm Forestry Series. By R. W. Graeber, Extension Forester. Log Sawing Contest at Farmers' Convention July 30, 1930, N. C. State College. Contestants standing in rear of log. Prizes - four Silver Steel cross-cut saws donated by E. C. Atkins & Co. were given to the members of the two winning teams. Log - 84 year. Loblolly pine. Size of cut varied from 20-1/2 inches to 21-1/2 inches diameter. Winners of 1st prize made two cuts in 42 and 44 seconds each. Second winners time 45-1/5 and 55-1/5 seconds.
North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
more info on North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).