Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Log Hauling Equipment
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forest Series, April 1942 by W. J. Barker, Assistant Forester. For logging in the lowlands Mr. R. C. Critcher of Williamston uses this type of equipment with an A. C. tractor. The logs are handled by a special power take-off from the tractor, and as a general rule the entire merchantable length of the tree is brought to a central loading point before being cut into logs.
Community and Extension
Forests and forestry -- Equipment and supplies
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Barker, W. J. more info on Barker, W. J.
- Created Date:
North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
more info on North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)