Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- National 4-H Winners
Community and Extension
4-H clubs -- United States -- Congresses
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- 4-H Youth Development--National 4-H Winners; Five North Carolina young people were named national winners at the 1964 National 4-H Club Congress here this week. Shown at left is Dr. T. C. Blalock, assistant director, 4-H Club Agent. The winners of $500 college scholarships left to right are: Roger Sharpe, 17, of Harmony, winner in the Conservation of Natural Resources program sponsored by John Deere; Carroll Mode, 17, of Franklington, recipient of award donated by Westinghouse educational foundation in the Electric program; C. J. Reynolds, 19, of Biscoe, winner in the Field Crops program sponsored by Arcadian Products Department, Allied Chemical Corporation; Shirley Gene Bright, 18, Elizabeth City, winner in Home Economics sponsored by Montgomery Ward; and C. G. Sorrell, 18, Durham, recipient of an award in Health donated by Eli Lilly and Company. The winners are among 1,500 boys and girls attending the annual 4-H event conducted by the Cooperative Extension Service and arranged by the national 4-H Service Committee.
4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.)
more info on 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)