- Netvein chainfern in gum swamps
Agriculture -- Experimentation
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from front: Plant Details; HHB-989; Hofmann Forest Experimental Area. Netvein chainfern (Woodwardia areaolata) is found only occasionally in gum swamps on the Hoffmann Forest. It is grazed in early spring when the fronds are still immature. It is rated good as forage [during] this time. Taken: 5-15-44
Hofmann Forest (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).