- Cinnamon fern in experimental pasture
Agriculture -- Experimentation
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from front: Plant Details; HHB-987; Hofmann Forest Experimental Area. Cinnamon fern (Osmunda cinnamemea) is very abundant in the experimental pastures at the Hofmann Forest. It is grazed extensively in early spring, mainly in April and May at about the time the fronds are opening. Its palatability is rated as good. Taken: 5-15-44
Hofmann Forest (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).