Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Cattle in breeding and feeding experiment
Community and Extension
Cattle -- Breeding
Cattle -- Feeding and feeds
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from accompanying material: Cattle (General); HHB-1167; Some of the cattle used in an experiment to develop beef cattle especially adapted to the Coastal Plain. Brahman and Africander bulls are crossed with Hereford cows and the first cross calves are compared with Hereford calves. These cattle are also used in an experiment to study the effects on the forage and cattle of different intensities of grazing. Taken at Hofmann Forest. North Carolina. 5-24-45.
Hofmann Forest (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).