Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Meeting of beekeepers in Curtis Apiary
North Carolina History
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Transcribed from accompanying material: Beekeepers in North Carolina had the unusual pleasure of having Mr. H. H. Root of Medina, Ohio visit us May 14th to May 26th. During the visit he talked and lectured to many of beekeepers in seventeen counties. Two splendid meetings were held May 15, 9am at Carl E. Carney's at Pleasant Garden 110 present and at W. O. Curtis, [Route] 1, Graham, NC, 98 present. Interesting meetings held in Washington, Beaufort, Onslow, New Hanover, and many in the Piedmont and [Mountain] sections. (Original note with display materials from collection.); Transcribed from back: C. L. Sams talking about the value of good queens and the adoption of more modern methods of beekeeping to a group of beekeepers at the queen rearing apiary of W. O. Curtis, [Route] 1, Graham, NC. 98 beekeepers attended this meeting which was also addressed by Mr. H. H. Root managing edition of Gleanings in Bee Culture , Medina Ohio.
Root, H. H. (Huber H.)
more info on Root, H. H. (Huber H.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).