Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Beekeeper David F. Merrill with modern hives
Community and Extension
North Carolina History
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Goodman, John W. more info on Goodman, John W.
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from accompanying material: J. W. Goodman, [District Agent], October 20, 1926, Transylvania [County]; Bee Hives: In 1925 modern hives took the place of the old box hives. In 192 the three strands increased to eight, in addition 300 [pounds] of sourwood comb honey was produced which sold for $105.00, David F. Merrill, Penrose, NC, Route 1.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).