Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Beekeeper J. E. Dodson in apiary
North Carolina History
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Transcribed from back: "Sweet potato" Dodson also likes sweet honey. He was smiling a very happy smile when on May 19th he found all his hives filled with beautiful white honey. Mr. Dodson is a good beekeeper and has done a great deal to encourage modern methods of beekeeping in Brunswick County. Through his influence and efforts a great many farmers in his county have changed from box hives and round gums to modern hives and are delighted with the change. So far as his own bees are concerned, Mrs. Dodson is the real man behind the gun. She is largely responsible for building up and maintaining the beautiful apiary at their home. She is the real keeper of the bees at the Dodson apiary.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).