Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Football players with coach Earle Edwards
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Raleigh--Native Tar Heels will play a prominent part in the plans of the 1962 North Carolina State football team. Here head coach Earle Edwards lines up with the men who could make up State's first unit. The linemen are end Don Montgomery, Albermarle; guard Bill Sullivan, Statesville; guard and captain Skip Matthews, Hertford; center Oscar Overcash, Landis; guard Harry Puckett, Wallace; tackle Chuck Wachtel, Spring Hope; and tackle Bert Wilder, Greensboro. Native backs are fullback Roger Moore, Littleton; quarterback Jim Rossi, Asheville; and halfback Mike Clark. All are lettermen except Rossi.
North Carolina State University -- Football
more info on North Carolina State University -- Football
North Carolina State Wolfpack (Football team) more info on North Carolina State Wolfpack (Football team)
Edwards, Earle La Rue more info on Edwards, Earle La Rue, 1908-1997
Montgomery, Don more info on Montgomery, Don
Sullivan, Bill more info on Sullivan, Bill
Matthews, Skip more info on Matthews, Skip
Overcash, Oscar more info on Overcash, Oscar
Puckett, Harry more info on Puckett, Harry
Wachtel, Chuck more info on Wachtel, Chuck
Wilder, Bert more info on Wilder, Bert
Moore, Roger, football player more info on Moore, Roger, football player
Rossi, Jim more info on Rossi, Jim
Clark, Mike more info on Clark, Mike
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Athletics Photographs, 1893 - 2003 (UA023.004) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).