Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Irwin Holmes on tennis court
African American students
African Americans -- History
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Irwin Holmes was one of the first African-Americans to enroll as an undergraduate student at North Carolina State University. He enrolled in 1956 and was the first African-American to earn an undergraduate degree from North Carolina State College in 1960, and the first African-American athlete in 1957, in tennis.
Holmes, Irwin R.
more info on Holmes, Irwin R., 1939-
North Carolina State University -- Sports more info on North Carolina State University -- Sports
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
North Carolina State University -- Students -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- Students -- History
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Athletics Photographs, 1893 - 2003 (UA023.004) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)