Irwin Holmes on tennis court
Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Irwin Holmes on tennis court
- Irwin Holmes was one of the first African American undergraduate students to enroll at North Carolina State University. He enrolled in 1956 and was the first African American student to earn an undergraduate degree from North Carolina State College in 1960, and the first African American athlete in 1957, in tennis.
African American students
African Americans -- History
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Holmes, Irwin R.
more info on Holmes, Irwin R., 1939-
North Carolina State University -- Sports more info on North Carolina State University -- Sports
North Carolina State University -- Students -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- Students -- History
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Athletics Photographs, 1893 - 2003 (UA023.004) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)