Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Provost Nash Winstead and Director of Libraries Susan Nutter at dedication of Yoshino cherry trees, December 1989
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Provost Nash Winstead and Director of Libraries Susan Nutter with plaque at the dedication of the Yoshino cherry trees outside of the D. H. Hill Library, December 1989
more info on Nutter, Susan K.
Winstead, Nash Nicks more info on Winstead, Nash Nicks
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University, Libraries, Assistant Director for Capital Management and External Relations Records, 1989-2007 (UA012.070) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, D. H. Hill, Jr. Library (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 4700 Hillsborough Street
- NC State University
- Historical note:
- D. H. Hill Library is named for Daniel Harvey Hill, Jr. (1859-1924), an English professor at North Carolina State University and one of the college’s first five faculty members. He was president of the University from 1908-1916. The Library was built in four stages, the east wing first in 1953, the Erdahl-Cloyd Student Union or west wing second in 1954, the old book stack tower third in 1971, and the new book stack tower fourth in 1990. In 2007, a major renovation of the east wing of the library was completed. D. H. Hill Library is the main library of the NCSU Libraries system, which is composed of five library facilities.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.787601, -78.669998