Armory in William Neal Reynolds Coliseum -- Reproductions

NC State University Armory (Raleigh, N.C.)
Reynolds Coliseum, NC State University (Raleigh, N.C.)

Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.

Item information

Title:
Armory in William Neal Reynolds Coliseum -- Reproductions
Topics:
Architecture
Campus and Town
Subjects:
College buildings
Original Format:
Reprographic copy
Item identifier:
ua003_026-001-ff0052-000-001_0002
Created Date:
to
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Digital Project:
University Archives

Building: North Carolina State University, Armory (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

General note:
Known as Reynolds Coliseum today.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Subjects:
Armories
College buildings
Latitude, Longitude:
35.786752, -78.681462

Building: North Carolina State University, William Neal Reynolds Coliseum (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Architect:
more info on Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992 
Street:
2701 Sullivan Drive
Community:
NC State University
State:
NC
Zip:
27606
General note:
Completed in 1949, the building with seating for 14,000 people is named after William Neal Reynolds, president of the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company founded by his brother. Construction of Reynolds Coliseum was originally proposed by David Clark after 5,000 people from all over North Carolina were rained out of a Farmers' Week meeting in 1940. The coliseum was home to the basketball team for nearly 50 years, including two NCAA champion teams. Reynolds Coliseum also provides a venue for large university and city events. Today it houses several NC State athletic teams, as well as NC State's ROTC units. The men’s basketball team moved to the RBC Center in 2000.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Subjects:
Sports facilities
Latitude, Longitude:
35.783501, -78.669899