- At the End of Transcontinental Tour, August, 1911
Forestry schools and education
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- This is a photograph of the Biltmore Forest School students and their private Pullman car near Portland, Oregon. The Biltmore Foresters, at the end of their first transcontinental tour starting from Cadillac Mich., arrive in their special presidential train in the logging operations of the Chapman Timber Co. at Seaboose near Portland Oregon. Here they inspect western logging for the first time. (August 1911)"
Biltmore Forest School
more info on Biltmore Forest School
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Carl Alwin Schenck Papers, 1865 - 1959 (MC00035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).