Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Sledding Jack Pine With Oxen
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- This a photograph of some lumberjacks with their team of oxen. There is a porcupine on the stump to the left. This post card shows where they are sledding Jack Pine with Oxen, we don't use any oxen but some of the jobbers around here use them but I don't like oxen as they are too slow where we have small timber. This Jack Pine makes fairly good lumber on thing the knots are very sound but I should prefer good hemlocks."
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Carl Alwin Schenck Papers, 1865 - 1959 (MC00035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)