- Two men with horses in Biltmore Village
- Item identifier:
- Several horses and two unidentified men in Biltmore Village. "In Biltmore Village"
Biltmore Estate (Asheville, N.C.)
more info on Biltmore Estate (Asheville, N.C.)
Biltmore (Asheville, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Carl Alwin Schenck Papers, 1865 - 1959 (MC00035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924 more info on Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924
- Westall, J. M. (James M.), 1861-1943 more info on Westall, J. M. (James M.), 1861-1943
- Hunt, Richard Morris, 1828-1895 more info on Hunt, Richard Morris, 1828-1895
- Hunt, Richard Howland more info on Hunt, Richard Howland
- Lodge Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The village previously existed as Best, or Asheville Junction, until George Vanderbilt bought the town and created a planned village for workers at his estate.
- Architectural note:
- Many of the structures in the village have Tudoresque elements or follow Colonial Revival architectural styles.
- Historical note:
- The village included residential structures, All Souls Cathedral, the railroad depot, and estate offices, as well as a post office, hospital, and shops. The village was sold soon after Vanderbilt's death in 1914.
Colonial revival (Architecture)
Stores & shops
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.532827, -82.528025