Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Douglas Fir Stumps and Poles, 1929
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- This photograph shows some douglas fir stumps and poles in the Portland Civic Arboretum in Portland, Oregon. On the back of the photograph is a list of latin names of trees found in the Portland area. The trees are not necessarily in this photograph. A patch of woodlands (Douglas fir stumps and poles) within the city limits of Portland, Oregon, 1929. Within City Limits of Portland, Oregon. Portland Civic Arboretum 1929.  old stand of Douglas fir, natural regeneration on cutover area  Stumps also Douglas fir. compare  aug.2.1936. In Portland  is ocean: Pseudotsuga macrocarpa [Douglas fir]  Thuja [Cedar] Taxus brevifolia [Pacific yew] Abies grandis [Giant fir] very rare also Pinus ponderosa [Ponderosa pine]  Acer macrophyllum [Bigleaf maple]  Populus [Poplar]  Picture taken 1929 & there was no Pinus contorta [Lodgepole pine]!! } all in Portland"
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Carl Alwin Schenck Papers, 1865 - 1959 (MC00035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).